Thursday 17 April 2014

You also should serve...


John 13:12-15
After he had washed their feet, had put on his robe, and had returned to the table, he said to them, “Do you know what I have done to you? You call me Teacher and Lord—and you are right, for that is what I am. So if I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. For I have set you an example, that you also should do as I have done to you.

Doing for others 
as our Lord did for us.
Fulfilling our calling
to serve one another.
Lord, you know how hard that is 
You know how exhausting
and draining
and soul sucking it is
to give and give
and give again.
You also know
that we are far from perfect
as you were.
So what's the deal?
When does enough
become too much?
When can we give in
to our weariness
and come and sit by you?
We are not you
Nor do you expect us to be
But it is so hard to discern
where to draw the line
and when we can say:
"Enough already"
And in this Holiest of weeks
when we see you overwhelmed
and when we ourselves are overcome
by the depth of your love
and your sacrifice
we pray for strength
and wisdom
and incredible love
to fill us
uphold us
and nurture us
so that we 
can feed your sheep.
For I have set you an example, that you also should do as I have done to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed