Friday 14 March 2014

Reaching higher




Isaiah 55:8-9
For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.


We aspire, Lord
to live that higher life
To reach for the stars
To show your love
and gentleness
your humility
and compassion.
It's hard work
and often we fall short
But we are created
in the image of God
So we have it in us
to keep on trying
to imitate
your perfection.
And to know
above all else
that when we fail
you pick us up
dust us off
and lovingly encourage us
to keep on trying.
To believe
that though your ways
and your thoughts
are way above ours
yet you have planted
that bit of yourself in us
that inspires us
to mirror you
and to believe
that in love
you honour all our efforts.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed