Tuesday 4 October 2011

Counting blessings

Elder is a man happy at his work. Every time we encountered him he was chuckling. Whether serving dinner or demonstrating napkin folding or playing practical jokes, an encounter with Elder was always uplifting.
Elder came to mind tonight as I described my work to someone, expressing the joy and privilege it is to serve God full time. I was chatting with a man who is totally immersed in his church but who also has a "day job". I know that God calls us to serve wherever we work but I was struck by how blessed it is to have the luxury of full time kingdom service.
Hopefully I will remember that next time I have to deal with those difficult people who abound in every work place.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch. That's all I'm sayin' just now - that and I love napkin folding

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed