Tuesday 1 February 2011

Thin evangelism?

In my last parish, I indulged in some pub evangelism. I've not had that opportunity in my present charge - mainly because the pub in the parish is a dive - and the first time I went there I was asked to move because I had taken someone's seat - worse than the kirk!
However, today, at the local slimming club, I saw a great model of evangelism. Folk shared openly the ups and downs, what worked and what didn't. Achievements, mainly losses, were celebrated. They were supportive of each other, even swapping details so that contact could be made when things got tough. And, on top of all that, they had a good laugh together. What a good model of church! Sharing and learning.

1 comment:

  1. Don't tell me, sugarless meringues??!!?? Enjoy, and the new found mission field :~)x!

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed