Monday 14 June 2010

Wake up call

After a busy weekend, I was languidly anticipating easing gently into the coming week. At 8am I checked my diary, intending to spend some time on the beach praying for events later on in the week. That was when I discovered I was due to take an assembly at one of the secondary schools at 8:55am. I like to put together something visual for the young folks to encourage their imagination and reflection. So I hurriedly got together some of the pictures we'd looked at over the past session. With such limited time, I wasn't able to come up with more contemporary music that they might recognise but decided to take them back in time and played the pics accompanied by The Kinks - Days. Perhaps not my best effort but, sometimes spur of the moment things have a bigger impact than the things we spend hours on. Hoping this at least got their week off to a reasonable start.

1 comment:

  1. Last minute Liz!
    Sounds great, I loved the Kinks, brought back some lovely days and I am sure that the kids appreciated it to and even tho' it was not mega prepared, you still had taken time to get something meaningful for them...well done and enjoy the rest of your week. Dx

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed