Saturday 20 December 2008

Be sure your sins will find you out...

In my last parish, I regularly indulged in what I liked to call "pub evangelism". The local here just doesn't have the same appeal. However, I found my way there last night. It was an interesting experience. I got involved in a game of Dominos (which I won!). Throughout the night I managed to keep my profession a secret despite being interrogated as to what had brought our family to this part of the world  and where, exactly, did I live. I left feeling that I'd done OK. As a friend pointed out, maybe to engage in evangelism, one has to 'fess up to being "in the business", but that's a mere technicality.
Tonight, however, on an outing with the youth church in another part of town, I ran into my domino partner who was extremely embarrassed about having "chatted up" a woman of the cloth. Clearly someone had "grassed me up" and blown my cover. Oh well... such is life. At least I can now add "domino shark" to my CV.

1 comment:

  1. Ha. Blown cover, eh. It was bound to happen. ;)

    I LOVE the fact that you participate in 'pub evangelism'. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed