Wednesday 5 November 2008

New dawn



Went for a walk early this morning to try and shake off some of the sadness that's kind of settled in on me. The news of Obama's victory at the polls certainly helped to clear some clouds. I was tempted to skip through these leaves sending them flying but I settled for just crunching through them. I walked and walked until I came to the beach and there, the freshness and sheer beauty helped to shake some things into place. Loss is hard enough. Compounded by insensitivity, its so much harder. This morning, I gave thanks for life and for ministry in such a beautiful place with folk who know how to show their love. That beach is going to be my friend.

2 comments:

  1. You are incredibly lucky to have such beautiful, peaceful places you can walk to. We are off to Jersey in 9 days for a child-free weekend to celebrate our wedding anniversary - can't wait! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life's a beach, bud!

    But a great place to talk to God.

    Ronnie

    p.s.Obama just might put Armegedon back a few years.

    R

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed