Monday 1 September 2008

Too soon


A walk in the park yesterday revealed something I don't want to face just yet. Just look at this tree. The season is changing. And I'm not ready. Where did summer go? But dark mornings and evenings remind me that we've moved on quite a bit and there's no going back.
I have a choice. I can be filled with thoughts of what might have been. Or I can embrace this new season and all that it brings. Each season has a magic of its own. We can dress appropriately and make the most of them or live in the past and waste time wishing that things could have been different. I choose to embrace the present, dig out walking boots and and warm clothes and enjoy tramping through discarded leaves. What about you?

2 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you.

    I noticed that familiar first sign a while ago, that certain little snap in the still-summer air. And then, like you, I see the trees changing clothes.

    Thankfully it's a slow process and we're given time to do the embracing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup my virgina creeper is screaming autumn... mind you it started turn red in August, a wee bit ahead of itself.

    Like the leaf-crunching, not so wild about dark nights... and dark mornings (*sigh*)

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed