Saturday 13 September 2008

A kind of sabbath



I haven't actually managed to schedule a day off in my new charge yet. And some folk would say that you have to start as you mean to go on. But, settling into a new routine, fitting into others' schedules, negotiating access to school chaplaincies, meeting key people and the like have contributed to kind of topsy turvy weeks. So I felt that, at this stage, I should wait and see. And there is a pattern emerging. Soon I will be able to work out what day is best. Meantime, I managed to escape for a couple of hours to enjoy part of the Ayr River Walk. This, apparently covers 44 miles in total. I managed about 6 and can't wait to discover more. Walking alongside water has always helped me to process things. So I count it a priority, essential for my health and wholeness to make this a regular feature of my ministry, come rain, come shine. We all need our sabbath.

2 comments:

  1. Didn't know how to get a hold of you outside your blog, but I reposted the SNL sketch. Come on over to my blog and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. god_guurrll,
    thanks for leaving this heads up. Anyone who wants a laugh should head on over. Funny but tragic for its truth!!!

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed