Wednesday 3 September 2008

Call for orders



Well, I survived my first meeting of my new Presbytery last night. It wasn't really as bad as I had feared. Its early days! Most presbytery meetings are pretty grim - the fellowship for which they were created gets submerged by business and politics. This is not a judgement, simply a fact.

However, what was disappointing was that there was no "apres-court" - at least not one to which I was invited. I was left to find my own way home and mull over all that had happened. And everyone knows that that is an exercise best undertaken in company and with glass in hand. There is obviously a role for me here!!!

3 comments:

  1. Liz, I'm sure you'll soon have them wipped into shape over a large g&t!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, its eight years I have been going to Presbytery of Ayr, and I thought either a time of fellowship before or after would have been normal, but it aint. My former presbytery had a Presbytery tea before we started - not compulsory, but something to which you could choose to go, and it helped. Not part of the ethos here, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be more frequent at our presbytery if they did that - I'd even get a babysitter to go (normally Him Indoors and I take turn about). I think the whole presbytery could be conducted in the pub actually.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed