Saturday 26 July 2008

We've arrived

We made it. Two days packing and one day's unloading. And a great bunch of guys from Inverclyde Removals . The sun shone and the day got hotter and hotter, the guys must have lost pounds with all their exertion but they were so good natured and everything was safely deposited. 
It was pretty scary being left in a nearly empty house, all our worldly goods entrusted to the removal firm. But it all arrived at our new home on schedule. And now we can't move for boxes. Its been fun unpacking and finding the right place for things. Rooms are gradually taking shape. But I'm glad that I don't have to start the new job for a couple of weeks. By then I might have located my desk diary and my book of common order that I couldn't find today for a wedding left over from my last parish. Meantime, I'd better get back to the boxes.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on a successful move, Liz! Unpacking can be quite fun, as you describe. Saying 'hello' to all your stuff, finding new homes for treasures.

    Glad it all came together so well.

    Happy unpacking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad all went well.

    Hope you find the teaspoons - they always seem to hide.

    Ronnie

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed