Wednesday 9 July 2008

In every blade of grass

One of the things I'm going to miss about living in this part of God's country are the walks I can take daily. No need to take the car. There are lots of choices right on my doorstep. A woodland walk or a farm trek or a wander along the shore. I'm taking my fill before we move. Through all the changing seasons - in Scotland we sometimes experience 4 seasons in one day - there is always so much to see and embrace, so much to absorb. Getting close to the miracle that is creation is cleansing and renewing. And so, among all the other pressing responsibilities that await me, a priority will be seeking out new places to drink in beauty, new places to breathe and be recharged by nature, new places to find God in every blade of grass or every grain of sand.

2 comments:

  1. You are moving away from your beloved land of beauty and walks? I'm sorry to hear it, but encouraged that your attitude - as always - includes seeking out beauty in new places.

    You inspire, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankfully, its a move to another land of beauty - and I'm sure it won't take too long to find those quiet places apart. I've been lucky to grow up in this environment and there is an excitement at becoming familiar with another part of the country.
    thanks, cherie

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed