Tuesday 17 June 2008

Swansong



I played in my final Inverclyde Academy music concert tonight before I move on to pastures new. I've been playing with the junior orchestra there for 6 years now and, my final concert, got to play with the first violins! I've always sought ways, as school chaplain to build relationships with young folk so that they don't see me simply as the person who's wheeled out for Religious Observance. There's a great bunch of staff and pupils and a wealth of talent in the music department at this comprehensive secondary school. I've loved being a part of it and hope that I can build similar relationships in my new parish. Tonight, though, congratulations to all of those talented youngsters and every blessing to those who are also moving on to pastures new: college, university and work. The future's bright with young people like those in it.

3 comments:

  1. Amen to that bud.

    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz

    I picked up you were moving, but it took a trawl through comments to find where. Castlehill at Ayr?

    Hope it all goes well for you - both the mechanics of moving, and the change of ministry.

    Look forward to hearing more

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mike. Busy wrapping up here, so looking ahead has to wait for now. Soon, though.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed