Thursday 22 May 2008

A slow dawning


Have you ever had something staring you in the face? And everyone around you can see it - but you can't? Or simply don't want to?
I feel as though I've spent months and months, avoiding the glaringly obvious, denying it even, hoping it would simply go away.
But now it is so transparent, so "in my face" that I cannot shield my eyes any longer.
It has to be faced down, confronted.
Not all at once, the glare is too bright.
But a little at a time, settling in, getting used to the idea.
Gradually allowing the creativity, the innovation, all those essential parts of me that have been suppressed for so long to re-emerge. To see the daylight once more.
And I'm not beating myself up either about being zipped up and stifled for so long.
It was necessary for the time and place and piece of work I had to do and the learning I had to undertake.
But now, it feels as if a roaring lion has been released.
And the energy needs channelled before it does real damage.
That's not a fearful prospect.
ITs one filled with gratitude and wonder and excitement and renewing.
Just don't stand too close - I feel the need to ROOOAAAAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed