Thursday 29 May 2008

Jazzed up

I've just spent 24 hours looking at possibilities for facilitating congregations on a journey of discovery. From guaging the health of a church to delivering dreams. Its an exciting programme, made all the more challenging for us by the devisor and presenter who is both intuitive and incisive as well as having such a heart for the church in Scotland and a beautiful spirit filled nature.
As we studied the material I just couldn't help but get fired up about its potential in my new situation. It seems to me that incorporating this voyage of discovery would be an ideal way to get to know folks, to listen to their stories and, together, to envision a way forward. What a tool. And, as I've dealt a lot with folks' disappointment at my leaving this week, the overnight gave me the boost I need to look forward and not back. Looking forward in the words of Matthew 10 in the Message to "spreading the kingdom news and finding those harvest hands" What a difference a day makes!

1 comment:

  1. I know the material and I know the man! We had the same talk up in Aberdeen a few months ago. Great timing with the move. Only problem is sifting through the huge amount of resource to find what suits your people best.

    During the summer I plan to read through it again and draw out what will help us most here in St Hacket's.

    Blessings

    FBL

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed