Monday 5 May 2008

All you can't leave behind


Enjoyed spending time at our National Gathering at the weekend.
Especially enjoyed the Fischy Music concert with my 9 year old daughter.
The theme of the gathering All You Can't Leave Behind was especially timely for me and I'm still mulling that over. What is it that really matters in faith and worship? What are the essential bits and what are the bits that we're just attached to and that really bog us down and inhibit the great freedom, spontaneity and excitement of faith?
What are the things you'd like to ditch and what can you simply not leave behind? I'd love to know.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Liz - just came across your great blog. Most bloggers I commune with in cyberspace I don't know so it's interesting to see someone I've actually met - well at uni and briefly on Saturday! I'm in jail now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne, thanks for stopping by - that's another blog I can distract myself with instead of working.
    blessings
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz

    Getting back into the groove after the break in America? Hope the refreshment lasts.

    Fischy is great! His lyrics are always meaningful and he has a real gift at putting them to music. Our kids loved him when he came up to Aberdeen.

    Didn't make it down to the gathering - can't get most of my lot out for a conference in their own church hall, let alone drive three hours for one in Edinburgh...!

    Take care

    FBL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to be a stewardship adviser, and I considered writing a resource on legacies called "All that you can leave behind", but I wasn't convinced there were that many U2 fans out there writing their wills.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed