Monday 3 March 2008

Too nice


A colleague recently told me that I was "far too nice". I don't think it was meant as a complement. Right now I'm being criticised for not being confrontational enough. I don't think we can - or should- change our natural styles. It is possible to use other styles on occasion to achieve desired movement. But, in a long term game plan, striving to become something we aren't simply isn't an effective tool. So I will continue to be nice. I will continue, through subtlety and cajoling and the simplicity of love to effect change. I will use my God given femininity and not try to mirror the aggressivenes of some of my male - and female- colleagues. I reserve the right to be nice!

1 comment:

  1. Likewise, I used to get lots of formal negative feedback when I worked for corporate organisations - it always got around to me being too nice. What is it with this world? Everyone wants to be treated nice, but want others to be treated 'not nice'. Must be something about the human condition. Problem is this: people who are nice, can also be seen as weak, by a lot of people, even loved ones, and tend to be taken advantage of...even unwittingly taken advantage of. David

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed