Tuesday 18 March 2008

Tongue in cheek


I had a rather important meeting this morning about an hour's drive away. However, when I got to the car, my rear tyre was completely flat. It wasn't possible to even drive to the garage to charm the mechanic into fixing it. So I did that thing for which I despise other women - I called my husband to come and sort it. Well, it had one of those complicated locking wheel nut things and I had no idea what the required tool even looked like far less being able to find it!
As I said the meeting was quite important. I managed to get a message relayed so there was no real harm done - I arrived just a little late. But, sometimes, when things like that happen I find myself asking - Is this the work of God or the work of the devil? - Upbringing always comes out! And the answer is - there really isn't much to choose between them. It could be an obstacle placed in my path by the devil because I'm doing the right thing or an obstacle placed in my path by God because I'm doing the wrong thing. Get my drift? How does one determine which it is? Or is it best just to forget it and put it down to the law of averages, sod's law or whatever? Does it really matter? The end result was a hefty bill for two new tyres by the day's end. Now that definitely is the work of the devil!!!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the flat tire. I'm like you in that I question things, whether they are put in my path to deter me from good or just to challenge me even greater, you know? I think it all boils down to whether we look at life as a glass half full or half empty. Nice post, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhea, welcome. Thanks for dropping by. I've decided this galss is definitely half full!
    blessings
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz. Personally I think it is down to neither the work of God nor of the devil: it is the LACK of work of those who are supposed to keep our roads in good shape!! :-) All of life's paths are full of obstacles and potholes. Where god and the Devil come in is in the way we deal with them. Well... that's what I think anyway. Happy motoring... along life's path.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed