Saturday 16 June 2007

In the quiet

Can you make out the beautiful moth I encountered on the kitchen window the other night? My photo does not do it justice, a beautiful specimen lighting up the darkness around.
I love that time in the wee small hours when the rest of the house is fast asleep, and I get peace to work and reflect and notice the sounds and sights of the night.
I love to go into the kitchen, tidy from the usual chaos of the day, bright and welcoming when even the mess of the jungle that is our garden seems benign yet filled with vitality.
No one around to demand anything or make a mess. No ringing telephone or even background music. Just peace and space and warmth. And God, keeping me company, in the dead, or should that be the living, of night.

1 comment:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed