Wednesday 14 March 2007

More delinquency please



In our local primary school, kids, who in a few months will move on to secondary school, take a trip to Nethy Bridge, an outdoor activity centre. I get to join them for at least part of the time. In the parish, it tends to be a really busy time of year and I usually struggle deciding whether or not to go. But I always have the best time with them in that place of adventure. And when I return, the work hasn't disappeared but it seems lighter because I have taken off and had a blast. Last year, I tried skiing for the first time ever. And now, on heavy days, I like to reflect on that experience of careering down hill, totally out of control, in sheer abandon. And I remind myself that delinquency is good for the soul.

1 comment:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed